The GLA Volunteer Abroad Experience
Start Your Adventure Here
It wouldn’t be an adventure without exciting destinations. We have some great places for teen community service trips, but it’s up to you to choose which one is best for you. Learn more about high school volunteer abroad. Click on a destination to learn more:
What makes GLA different in the high school study abroad space?
- GLA operates only in developing countries in cultures significantly different from the West in authentic, non-tourist communities.
- GLA works only with high school students. Our safety standards and curriculum are tailored to the growth and development of teens.
- GLA believes leaders are made, not born. Leadership activities are woven through service, workshops, and excursions.
How to Select the Best Teen Volunteer Abroad Program
Need help finding the right high school volunteer abroad program for you? Maybe you’re interested in teen volunteer abroad programs. We have a variety of programs to offer, from language learning high school service trips to opportunities in ecology and environmentalism. If you want to spend a summer volunteering abroad on a meaningful community service trip or project, we have just the high school summer programs you’re looking for—from sports outreach programs to opportunities helping orphans and other children in the destination of your choice.
Here are some factors to consider when planning your high school volunteer trip:
- How long do you want to volunteer abroad?
- What topics would you like to study while overseas?
- Are you looking for opportunities to practice—or learn—a foreign language?
- Working with children, with animals or out in nature?
- Do you want to spend summer break from high school working on a community service project in a rural area or a city?
- Do you want to experience the spice of Latin America, the ancient culture of Asia or the diverse cultures of Africa?
- What’s your service passion?
Identifying your preferences will make it easier to find just the right program for you.
Once you’ve considered these options, call one of our enrollment officers at +1-858-771-0645 and they will be able to suggest the perfect summer volunteer travel program for you or your high school student. Our enrollment advisors have visited most of our programs. They have personal experience on the fields they’re telling students about, and they have a passion for overseas service themselves. They can also provide references of students who have traveled with GLA in the past, day-by-day schedules of various summer volunteer programs, and photos from previous high school service trips all over the world.