Overseas Travel & Volunteer Programs. Exclusively for Teens.
GLA Summer 2020
Global Impact Virtual Internship
In partnership with active non-profit organizations in South Africa, GLA is offering a 6-week Virtual Internship program this summer where students will develop essential skills while working on initiatives centered around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development worldwide.
With five focus areas available, each experiential career development internship will dive into a specific theme, where students can gain experience working remotely with a host organization from the non-profit sector in South Africa.
GLA Summer 2020
Online Leadership Academy
At Global Leadership Adventures, we believe leaders are made, not born, and that leadership is a critical life skill that can be developed.
Join us for a week-long, interactive online course this summer focused on leadership development, designed for high school students, with special guest speakers and guided mentor groups.
This 5-day course is a best of GLA offering, featuring international partners and alumni, to showcase some of GLA’s most popular curricular themes daily.
VIDEO: THE GLA PERSPECTIVE
GLA Through The Lens
The GLA Experience:
Join the Movement
Global Leadership Adventures:
Our Founding Story
Summer Staff Training:
What Sets GLA Directors Apart
Honors and Arts & Letters
GLA Vlog from Peru:
Machu Picchu Expedition
GLA Vlog in San Diego:
Our Team Beach Clean-up
Why Choose GLA
The GLA Difference
We believe that leaders are made and not born, and that leadership is as critical life skill that can be developed. Everyone can be leader who rallies others around a vision or a goal.
Safety is our first priority. Our 5-Point Safety System is a set of rigorous standards that support the safety, health and well-being of students on every program.
We provide superior service to every family before, during and after the program. This includes our 24-hour helpline providing staff support throughout the program.
GLA’s international staff are more than chaperones. Students are led by program Directors and Mentors who have in-depth professional experince working with youth.
THE #1 PROVIDER OF TRAVEL FOR TEENS
Life-changing international journeys for high school students & beyond
oF GLA ALUMNI AGREE:
“WHEN I LOOK BACK ON MY GLA EXPERIENCE, I CONSIDER IT TO HAVE BEEN LIFE-CHANGING.”
*Based on a survey of alumni 3 years post-program
- Participate in a range of experiences: From community service and immersive learning, to exploratory travel and adventure
- Discover new places and meet new people: Travel overseas and make friends with like-minded teens
- Earn community service hours: You will earn between 5-80 community service hours while on-program
- Boost your college admissions: Write about your GLA experience in college applications or essays
- Choose your ideal dates: Spring break and summer program dates are available; sessions run 8-21 days
- Make a meaningful impact: GLA is a recognized leader in international volunteering and community service programs for high school students
- Travel solo or with a friend: Most teens on GLA programs are solo travelers who join the rest of the student group upon arrival; we also welcome friends or siblings who wish to travel together
- Enjoy small group sizes: Most of our program sessions enroll between 10-30 students, and participants are woven into even more intimate teams for service and mentor groups
- Tuition is all-inclusive: Scholarships and payment plans are available
GLA on Instagram 📷