GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ADVENTURES
Travel Internships for Teens
Discover our Service Learning Internships for teens in Costa Rica, Peru and Thailand!
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Global Leadership Adventures operates travel internships for high school students ages 14-18 who want to take their learning experience to the next level.
Work in partnership with GLA and a global nonprofit partner or social enterprise.
Enroll in a GLA internship and travel to Costa Rica, Peru or Thailand this summer for 21 days.
Spaces are limited on our Service Learning Internships, so enroll early to secure your space!
- Be a part of a cohort of young leaders: Deliver the change needed to achieve the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
- Choose a thematic focus area: Popular themes include Sciences & STEM, Medicine & Public Health, Animal & Wildlife and Environmental Stewardship.
- Select a concentration and diver even deeper into your theme: Options may include Engineering, Pre-Med and Ecology.
- Be the change you wish to see in the world: Collaborate as an intern with an incredible global nonprofit organization or social enterprise.
- Boost your future career prospects: This is your opportunity to gain critical professional and leadership skills with a global impact.
- Make waves ahead of college: You can reference this experience for university admissions!
- Rely on our experts: GLA will serve as the management, support and resource provider of the internship.
- Collaborate with incredible partners: Local overseas organizations will serve as the host sites for the thematic content of your internship.
- Enjoy a tailored experience: This travel internship for teens still includes community service, hands-on learning and adventure, just like a standard GLA travel program, but is curated for even deeper learning and engagement.
- Registration is a snap: You can save your spot in minutes once you’ve picked your internship of choice. Space is limited on each internship in order to create the ideal learning environment, so enroll early if you can!
- Tuition is all-inclusive: Scholarships and payment plans are available.
- Choose your ideal dates: All GLA Service-Learning Internships are 21 days in length, the ideal amount of time to embrace experiential learning in the field.
- Stay in memorable lodging: Home Base is our home away from home, a place to relax, the gathering place for meals and sanctuary for reflection, team building and leadership after active days.
Request your copy of our free Global Leadership Adventures program catalog and have it mailed or emailed directly to you!
Travel Internship Listings
Find the perfect career exploration summer internship for you or the teen in your family.
Be sure to save your spot on your favorite program early before waitlists begin to form!