France: Royalty, Revolution & the French Way of Life™
Experience la Joie de Vivre – the Joy of Life – first-hand as you explore France’s history and cultural gems from the city to the countryside.
- Take in spectacular views of Paris from the Eiffel Tower, on a Seine cruise, and from Sacre Coeur Basilica
- See Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa at the Louvre
- Visit Louis XIV’s Palace of Versailles and the royal châteaus of the Loire Valley
- Demonstrate your olfactory prowess at one of France’s well-known perfumeries
- Relax on the Cote d’Azur in Nice and Monaco and marvel at the works of Marc Chagall and Paul Cézanne
- Create a sweet treat at a bona fide French patisserie
- Spend a half day helping out in the local community with a service project
On This Program you will...
Travel to a selection of the most spectacular regions in France: from Paris to Versailles to the Loire Valley, the Provence and the French Riviera! Get a taste of joie de vivre, or enjoyment of life, from the bustling streets of Paris to the languid pace in the south. With site visits, group discussions and spending time with locals, explore the country’s fascinating history and cultural achievements, and debate contemporary issues that face modern France. Discover your own leadership potential through guided workshops with the GLA Leadership Curriculum.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
- Your journey starts in Paris, the capital city
- Spend a day in Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its lush green fields and stately castles such as Château Royal d’Amboise
- Head west to Versailles to explore its famous palace
- Travel via high-speed train to Avignon, France’s newest addition and home to one of the largest and most important medieval Gothic buildings in Europe
- Head to the south of France with stops in Provence and Aix-En-Provence
- Experience the French Riviera with Grasse, known as the world’s perfume capital, and coastal Nice
- Say your goodbyes in Monaco, the sovereign city-state that is the world’s second-smallest country
Learn about France’s past and present when you explore iconic sites such a Notre Dame, Palace of the Popes, and the Palace of Versailles. Art buffs will enjoy immersing themselves in the works of da Vinci, Cézanne and Chagall, as well as participate in a workshop with a Parisian artist.
Adventure is easy to come by when you’re always on the move! Get acquainted with the Louvre through a scavenger hunt. Create (and taste!) your own macarons in a pastry-making workshop. Challenge your friends to a game of pétanque, a uniquely French pastime, before taking in the slow pace of life on the French Riviera.
Lodging info coming soon.
Looking to experience Europe this summer? You might get a whole lot more.
Where our service-learning programs go deep, Europe Discovery programs go broad. These experiences deliver on our exploratory travel methodology to immerse students in a country or theme through a series of locations deliberately selected for their impact and significance–iconic monuments, historical sites, and cultural exploration are all on the agenda. This program type is ideal for students who are curious about or have a strong interest in history, culture, the arts, contemporary issues, and the role of each city or region on the global stage.
Dates & Tuition
Royalty, Revolution & the French Way of Life™
|June 22 – July 3, 2020|
|July 6 – July 17, 2020|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support
Chat with Past Participants on Facebook
Custom Group Travel Option
Global Leadership Adventures offers open enrollment on this program to any high school student who wishes to join any of the summer session dates listed above. Students will meet other teens from around the country and the world who sign up for the same program dates and destination.
Alternatively, this program is also available as an option for custom group travel any time of the year for those looking to put together their own group trip.
GLA Custom Group Travel works with educators, group leaders, or self-led students to create a tailored experience for their specific group of 12 or more students. Select a pre-designed itinerary or select your own countries, themes, and learning objectives; regardless, GLA provides a safe environment for participants to learn, grow and challenge themselves with their fellow travel mates. Our local partners help bring foreign cultures to life, providing the critical context only a local resident could provide, and granting our students
locals-only access to off-the-beaten-path experiences. Leadership and personal growth are the core components of all of our programs, regardless of duration, destination or theme type and can be woven throughout every aspect of the experience as desired by the group leader. Our programs aim to ignite participants to become inspired to be the change.