Cities that Shaped Europe: Rome, Paris & London™
Dive into some of the most influential cities in Europe as you discover their culture and importance in European history.
- Discover incredible Renaissance-era art, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at a Milanese fashion house and take part in a hands-on fashion workshop
- Take in a West End musical, London’s Broadway theater equivalent
- Explore the Roman Colosseum and Forum, two that have been in existence for over
- Spend a half day helping out in the local community with a service project
On This Program you will...
On this program you will travel to some of Europe’s most influential cities, spanning Italy, France and the United Kingdom. Explore the ways in which each city along our route has contributed to Europe’s cultural identity throughout history and influenced the course of the world. Touch on themes and events such as WWII, the Renaissance and colonialism and integrate these topics into each site, activity, and cultural exchange. Forge relationships with locals through a community-service project and throughout your travels as you explore not only European icons but also your own leadership style and objectives.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
- Start your adventure by exploring Rome, one of Europe’s ancient cities and home to the Vatican City, the smallest soverign state within Rome and home to the Sistine Chapel and the Pope
- Visit Milan, Europe’s fashion capital and home of the Milan Cathedral, which took almost 600 years to complete
- Journey via night train to Paris, which played a leading role during the Age of Enlightenment and continues be a major influencer on the continent today
- Wrap up your time in London, one of Europe’s most populous cities and one of the world’s most important financial districts
Discover London’s Greenwich Observatory, the first state-funded scientific institution of its day. Meet with a local student and debate the shifting role of “Great Nations’” in the 21st century. Explore the Imperial War Museum to learn about the influence of war on the world; create your own documentary at this digitally–led experience.
Take a leisurely cruise on the river Seine–this is also a great way to see all of the iconic Parisian sights such as the Eiffel Tower. Learn to make your own Italian pasta in a workshop where the dish originated.
Lodging info coming soon.
Looking to experience Europe this summer? You might get a whole lot more.
Where our service-learning programs go deep, Europe Discovery programs go broad. These experiences deliver on our exploratory travel methodology to immerse students in a country or theme through a series of locations deliberately selected for their impact and significance–iconic monuments, historical sites, and cultural exploration are all on the agenda. This program type is ideal for students who are curious about or have a strong interest in history, culture, the arts, contemporary issues, and the role of each city or region on the global stage.
Dates & Tuition
Cities that Shaped Europe: Rome, Paris & London™
|June 22 – July 3, 2020|
|July 6 – July 17, 2020|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support
Chat with Past Participants on Facebook
Custom Group Travel Option
Global Leadership Adventures offers open enrollment on this program to any high school student who wishes to join any of the summer session dates listed above. Students will meet other teens from around the country and the world who sign up for the same program dates and destination.
Alternatively, this program is also available as an option for custom group travel any time of the year for those looking to put together their own group trip.
GLA Custom Group Travel works with educators, group leaders, or self-led students to create a tailored experience for their specific group of 12 or more students. Select a pre-designed itinerary or select your own countries, themes, and learning objectives; regardless, GLA provides a safe environment for participants to learn, grow and challenge themselves with their fellow travel mates. Our local partners help bring foreign cultures to life, providing the critical context only a local resident could provide, and granting our students locals-only access to off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Leadership and personal growth are the core components of all of our programs, regardless of duration, destination or theme type and can be woven throughout every aspect of the experience as desired by the group leader. Our programs aim to ignite participants to become inspired to be the change.