GLOBAL IMPACT VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP
AN ONLINE INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE FOR TEENS AGES 14-19
INTERN VIRTUALLY, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH A GLOBAL NONPROFIT OR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PROGRAM PAGE FOR THE SUMMER SESSION OF THE GLOBAL IMPACT VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP
Global Leadership Adventures offers part-time virtual internships each season of the year.
Students ages 14-19 who participate will develop essential leadership and career development skills, while working on initiatives centered around the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development worldwide.
Build your personal competitive edge, as part of a cohort of internship participants working in partnership with our global nonprofit and social enterprise partners.
Virtual internship hours are part-time and flexible to work with your school schedule.
CHOOSE A THEMATIC
THEMATIC FOCUS AREA
AND COLLABORATE ONLINE
WITH YOUR FELLOW INTERNS
AND ENGAGE WITH FASCINATING
YOUR INTERNSHIP MAKES FOR A GREAT HIGHLIGHT ON ANY COMPETITIVE COLLEGE APPLICATION, ESSAY OR RESUME.
Teen internships like this one are still unique, but are becoming more requisite all the time for students looking to stand out within large, competitive university applicant pools.
- Determine whether the focus area you choose, such as Public Health & Medicine or Social Justice, is a good fit for your future education or career path.
- Create a portfolio of evidence from completed project work to enhance your college application or resume.
- GLA can also provide any supporting documentation and serve as an organization of record, should you want to earn college credits for the internship.
At the end of your Global Impact Virtual Internship, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, alongside a professional Letter of Recommendation signed by your Internship Supervisor.
CHOOSE A THEMATIC FOCUS AREA
THAT MATCHES YOUR INTERESTS
ENGAGE AND COLLABORATE USING
ANY INTERNET-CONNECTED DEVICE
RECEIVE MENTORSHIP & GUIDANCE
FROM EXPERTS AND PROFESSIONALS
MAKE A MEANINGFUL GLOBAL IMPACT. ALL FROM THE COMFORT OF HOME.
Participants who register, alongside their fellow student interns in their cohort, will communicate with the GLA internship team and our host organizations via various digital platforms including Zoom and an online project dashboard.
Global Leadership Advnetures serves as the management, support and resource provider of your internship.
Meanwhile, vetted and mission-driven local organizations from different corners of the globe will serve as the virtual “host organizations” for the thematic content of the internships.
Keynote speakers will also provide exceptional learning experiences for participants.
All Keynote Sessions will be recorded and shared to all enrolled students for remote access after the internship.
TEENS AGES 14-19
LEARN YOUR PERSONAL
ARE YOU READY TO BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD?
- Access to a desktop computer or laptop with reliable internet
- Working web camera and microphone for virtual course participation
- Active email address to communicate with your Internship Supervisor
- Ability to commit to the 6-week virtual course schedule
- English language proficiency
- Must be between the ages of 14-19
Questions? Call us during office hours at 858-771-0645 to speak with an Admissions Team Member.
BE THE CHANGE
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
SAVE THE PLANET
THE SUMMER SESSION OF THE GLOBAL IMPACT VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP IS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION UNTIL JUNE 1.
The Summer Session of the Global Impact Virtual Internship will take place from June 19 – August 4, 2023.
Choose a thematic focus area for your online internship that matches your passions. You will collaborate directly with an overseas nonprofit organization or social enterprise as part of your experience, and which one you work with will correspond to the focus area you choose.
The deadline to register is June 1, 2023.
- Find your personal and professional strengths
- You will take the Gallup Strengthsfinder Assessment as part of your virtual internship
- Discover the 5 primary strengths in your personal repertoire
- Learn how you can best reach your desired outcomes via:
- relationship building
- strategic thinking
- execution of plans
- social influences
The Core Curriculum is delivered through a series of leadership and career development workshops, with the goal of ensuring that all students come away with hard skills and verifiable technical competencies in a variety of areas.
- Brand Identity
- Project Management
- Investigation & Research
- Technology & Design
- Content Creation & Production
- Virtual Presentation Skills
In addition, the Core Curriculum strives to help students hone and develop essential soft skills that can be applied in their future endeavors, whether academic or professional.
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Growth Mindset
- Initiative & Self Drive
- Teamwork & Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Cross-Cultural Competence
- Critical Thinking
- Reliability & Accountability