COVID-19 Risk Management Framework
Check this page for our risk management framework for program operations in regards to COVID-19.
POSTED: JANUARY 26, 2021 at 1:59PM PACIFIC TIME
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ADVENTURES COVID-19 RISK MANAGEMENT OPERATING FRAMEWORK
GLA has developed the following risk management response framework to ensure we are taking every precaution to actively manage this evolving situation. The safety of students, staff, and local communities remains our highest priority and any return to operations will be done carefully. As the world learns to live within these new parameters, our risk management strategies will be in fluctuation as new information and treatments become available. Therefore, this is a living framework that will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
- Consult guidelines in accordance with the official Travel Health Notices as provided by the Department of State, Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization.
- All families and staff asked to quarantine 14 days prior to program
- All families and staff obtain and submit a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to program
- All staff trained on preventative measures and student group management.
- All programs undergo a thorough program risk assessment.
- Program itinerary and Home Base reviewed to ensure COVID GLA Operating Guidelines can be met.
- Staff to provide a thorough student orientation that covers additional COVID-19 precautions and guidelines.
- All staff and students undergo a daily health and temperature check.
- Subject to availability, GLA aims to provide on-site COVID tests 3-5 days into the program for all students and staff.
- All students and staff included in the Travel Pod will wear masks anytime they are interacting with anyone outside of the Travel Pod and physical distancing measures cannot be maintained.
- Enhanced cleaning, hygiene and sanitation measures will be implemented.
- If illness is contracted, follow the guidance of instruction by highest trained individuals (students follow guidance from staff, staff follow guidance from GLA, medical consultant, insurance support and medical facilities).
- Obtain a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to departure from the program.*
- *Updated as of January 26, 2021
- Monitor symptoms and inform GLA if you develop COVID-related symptoms or have a positive COVID test.
- Commit to isolating from vulnerable individuals for 2 weeks upon return home.