Morocco: Cultural Kaleidoscope™
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT OPERATING FOR THE 2021 SEASON. IT IS CURRENTLY PLANNED TO RETURN IN 2022. SEE SESSION DATES FOR 2022 BELOW.
Uncover the secrets of magical Morocco as you immerse yourself in unique spices, meaningful service, and smiles you’ll never forget.
- Volunteer at a summer camp for elementary school children
- Tour Marrakesh’s famous medina & markets
- Experience a traditional hammam, or Arabic steam bath
- Visit historic Casablanca and the capital city of Rabat
- Learn to cook tajine, the most popular Moroccan dish
- Engage in ten hours of Modern Standard Arabic instruction through an accredited language school
On This Program you will...
Spend time in four Moroccan cities—Rabat, Marrakesh, Casablanca and Oukaimeden, a small city at the foot of the Atlas Mountains—to acquire a holistic perspective on the intricacies of North African culture. With a distinctive mix Arab, African, and European influence, Morocco is a colorful, fragrant and uniquely diverse country ripe for exploration. Through formal Arabic instruction and practicing with children in the summer camp at which you will volunteer, you’ll be fully immersed in all that this country has to offer.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
Volunteer your time at a summer camp for primary school students from underserved communities. You may help out with everything from teaching simple English lessons to facilitating games or craft activities to assisting with physical refurbishment or beautification projects such as mural painting or sprucing up the facilities.
Explore local customs through a Moroccan cooking class and meet with a series of guest speakers who are experts in the Moroccan education system. Learn to haggle for intricate textiles and artisanal goods in Marrakesh’s expansive outdoor market, or souk–with a few Arabic lessons under your belt, you’ll soon be a pro! Visit Casablanca’s Hassan Il, one of the largest mosques in the world.
Hike in the lovely expanse of the High Atlas Mountains, where you just may spot monkeys, Barbary ground squirrels, or some of almost 200 species of bird found in the area. Speaking of animals, you’ll have the opportunity to see Morocco from the back of a camel, the traditional form of transportation in the region dating back over a thousand years.
Lodging info coming soon.
Dates & Tuition
|June 24 – July 07, 2022|
|July 10 – July 23, 2022|
|July 26 – August 08, 2022|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- In-country transportation
- 3 meals per day
- Professional full-time staff and experts
- 24/7 parent support hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and evacuation insurance
- Cultural activities, lectures and excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support
- Educational materials