Morocco: Cultural Kaleidoscope™
Uncover the secrets of magical Morocco as you immerse yourself in unique spices, meaningful service, and smiles you’ll never forget.
- Volunteer at a summer camp for elementary school children
- Tour Marrakesh’s famous medina & markets
- Experience a traditional hammam, or Arabic steam bath
- Visit historic Casablanca and the capital city of Rabat
- Learn to cook tajine, the most popular Moroccan dish
- Engage in ten hours of Modern Standard Arabic instruction through an accredited language school
On This Program you will...
Spend time in four Moroccan cities—Rabat, Marrakesh, Casablanca and Oukaimeden, a small city at the foot of the Atlas Mountains—to acquire a holistic perspective on the intricacies of North African culture. With a distinctive mix Arab, African, and European influence, Morocco is a colorful, fragrant and uniquely diverse country ripe for exploration. Through formal Arabic instruction and practicing with children in the summer camp at which you will volunteer, you’ll be fully immersed in all that this country has to offer.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
Volunteer your time at a summer camp for primary school student from under-served communities, where you’ll do everything from teach simple English lessons to facilitate games or craft activities to assist with physical refurbishment projects.
Explore local customs through a Moroccan cooking class and meet with a series of guest speakers who are experts in the Moroccan education system. Learn to haggle for intricate textiles and artisinal goods in Marrakesh’s expansive outdoor market, or souk–with a few Arabic lessons under your belt, you’ll soon be a pro! Visit Casablanca’s Hassan Il, the largest mosque in Africa.
Hike in the lovely expanse of the High Atlas Mountains, where you just may spot monkeys, Barbary ground squirrels, or some of almost 200 species of bird found in the area. Speaking of animals, you’ll have the opportunity to see Morocco from the back of a camel, the traditional form of transportation in the region dating back over a thousand years.
Lodging info coming soon.
Are you passionate about improving the communities children depend on?
- Make a difference as a teen volunteer in the lives of children in-need through meaningful service
- Connect with a new culture and make friends with like-minded interests
- Go on excursions and explore everything that makes the destination you choose special
- Leave a lasting impact that will have a positive effect on the community for years to come
Dates & Tuition
|July 1 – July 14, 2020|
|July 17 – July 30, 2020|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support
Chat with Past Participants on Facebook
Custom Group Travel Option
Global Leadership Adventures offers open enrollment on this program to any high school student who wishes to join any of the summer session dates listed above. Students will meet other teens from around the country and the world who sign up for the same program dates and destination.
Alternatively, this program is also available as an option for custom group travel any time of the year for those looking to put together their own group trip.
GLA Custom Group Travel works with educators, group leaders, or self-led students to create a tailored experience for their specific group of 12 or more students. Select a pre-designed itinerary or select your own countries, themes, and learning objectives. GLA’s service-learning methodology is the vehicle through which students learn, grow and challenge themselves and their fellow travelers; our host communities welcome students’ energy and helping hands.
Leadership and personal growth are the core components of all of our programs, regardless of duration, destination or theme type and can be woven throughout every aspect of the experience through our intentional design as desired by the group leader. Our programs aim to ignite participants to become inspired to be the change.
The GLA Community