India: The Initiative for Children™
Make a difference in the lives of Indian youth as you discover authentic India, from the Taj Mahal to the royal city of Jaipur.
- Live in the royal city of Jaipur, known as the “Pink City” for the distinctive color of its old city
- Create and build education resources and support infrastructure projects at local schools
- Take part in an Indian cooking lesson, dress workshops, and yoga sessions
- Explore the Golden Triangle – From Delhi , Agra to Jaipur, immersive yourself in the sounds and flavors of India
- Travel to the Taj Mahal, the world’s most famous monument to love
On This Program you will...
Experience the magical land of India: diverse people, dramatic landscapes and spiritual energy. You’ll have the opportunity to help India’s underserved children in both a school and orphanage setting as well as volunteer on community development projects. Immerse yourself in cultural activities like Bollywood dance, traditional Indian cooking and yoga sessions. Discover this unique culture as you tour the royal city of Jaipur, go on a camel ride in the desert and visit incredible temples.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
Be part of the initiative to support children academically in a part of the world where the literacy rate is below 70%. In Jaipur, you’ll work with an orphanage that serves children affected by India’s HIV epidemic. Your service may range from improving infrastructure to beautifying the facilities or even engaging in structured play with the kids. In Pushkar, volunteer at a school for underprivileged children.
Discover India’s diverse religious history as you visit a historic temple famous for being the only one erected for Brahma, and participate in yoga sessions Take a town tour in Pushkar and visit a colorful and vibrant local market where you can shop for items like embroidered clothing, jewelry and traditional goods. Between sightseeing and participating in various cultural activities, learn about and discuss the preeminent issues in the region, from access to health care to educational opportunities for youth.
India is a place that beckons you to adventure at every corner , especially throughout the Golden Triangle area. Take a cable car ride to a temple at the top of a mountain, with stunning aerial views of the desert and town below. Visit sacred Lake Pushkar, a site of religious significance to those practicing Hinduism. And of course, no trip to India would be complete without the ultimate bucket list item: an excursion to the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra!
In both Jaipur and Pushkar, Home Bases will be hotels with nice, clean and safe accommodations. Students will stay in gender-segregated rooms with roommates and have access to shared bathrooms. Meals will consist of mostly vegetarian dishes due to the local culture, but non-vegetarian dishes will also be provided.
Dates & Tuition
The Initiative for Children™
21-Day Flagship Program
|JUL 01 – JUL 21, 2023|
|JUL 01 – JUL 14, 2023|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- In-country transportation
- 3 meals per day
- Professional full-time staff and experts
- 24/7 parent support hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and evacuation insurance
- Cultural activities, lectures and excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support
- Educational materials