Travel & Volunteer Programs for Teens and Young Adults
Destinations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Europe & the United States
Get a Free Catalog
At Global Leadership Adventures, we believe meaningful teen travel can be life-changing.
In addition to travel programs for high school students ages 14-18, we also offer programs for middle school students ages 13-14. Family and custom group travel are also available.
Enroll in a GLA program and travel to destinations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Europe or the United States.
Summer and spring break sessions are open for enrollment for prospective travelers.
VIDEO: THE GLA PERSPECTIVE
The GLA Experience:
Join the Movement
Global Leadership Adventures:
Our Founding Story
Summer Staff Training:
What Sets GLA Directors Apart
The GLA Difference
We believe that leaders are made and not born. Our programs are designed to teach leadership as a critical life skill that can be developed. Learn to rally others around a vision or a goal.
We provide superior service to every family before, during and after the program. This includes our 24-hour helpline providing staff support throughout the program.
Safety is our first priority. Our 5-Point Safety System is a set of rigorous standards that support the safety, health and well-being of students on every program.
Home Base is your home away from home. We aim to provide lodging that’s out of the ordinary. On GLA programs, our student groups stay in well-vetted locations with staff on-site.
GLA’s international staff are more than chaperones. Students are led by program Directors and Mentors who have in-depth professional experience working with youth.
As local leaders who live and work in the community, our partners are able to conduct community assessments, prioritize needs, and execute projects on the ground.
THE #1 PROVIDER OF TRAVEL FOR TEENS
AND YOUNG ADULTS
Domestic Travel. International Travel. Life-Changing Journeys.
oF GLA ALUMNI AGREE:
“WHEN I LOOK BACK ON MY GLA EXPERIENCE, I CONSIDER IT TO HAVE BEEN LIFE-CHANGING.”
*Based on a survey of alumni 3 years post-program
- Participate in a range of experiences: From community service and immersive learning, to leadership development and adventure
- Discover new places and meet new people: Travel overseas and make friends with like-minded peers
- Earn community service hours: You will earn between 20-80 community service hours while on-program
- Consider your college admissions: Write about your GLA experience in college applications or essays
- Choose your ideal dates: Summer and spring break dates are available; sessions run 8-21 days
- Make a meaningful impact: GLA is a recognized leader in international volunteering and community service programs for teens and young adults
- Travel solo or with a friend: Most students on GLA programs are solo travelers who join the rest of the student group upon arrival; we also welcome friends or siblings who wish to travel together
- Enjoy small group sizes: Most of our program sessions enroll between 10-30 students, and participants are woven into even more intimate teams for service and mentor groups
- Tuition is all-inclusive: Scholarships and payment plans are available