GLA Tuition Policy
Our tuition policy and application details are posted below.
Program Tuition Details:
On the website page for your program, check the Dates & Tuition section, and you will see the tuition amount for the session dates you have chosen.
To enroll in a program and pay your tuition:
Simply head to our online application to get started.
At the time of enrollment, you will need to pay your $600 deposit to hold your spot, as well as an application fee (typically $95-$145). Both the application fee and deposit are non-refundable.
As for paying the remainder of your tuition balance, it is typically due within 45 days of your deposit; however, see the payment schedules below for complete details.
Deadlines & Terms for Submitting Your Application:
- After your initial deposit payment date, your application must be submitted:
- Within 1 week for programs departing in the next 90 days.
- Within 30 days for programs departing in more than 90 days.
- If your program is over 6 months from departure, submit your application no later than 6 months prior to departure.
- If an application is not completed within the above defined deadlines, GLA reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid.
- Your application will be reviewed upon submission. Any follow-up questions will be directed to the parents or guardians. Any follow-up requests should be completed within the above defined deadlines, unless otherwise specified, otherwise GLA reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid.
- If for some reason GLA is not able to grant acceptance into the program, everything but the application fee is refundable.
Required Signed Documentation:
Enrollment & participation in the program is contingent on both the participant and one legal guardian signing and agreeing to: COVID-19 Informed Consent, Waiver, Code of Conduct, Medical Consent form and any other required documentation that may become required under Terra Education, Inc. discretion with the evolving COVID-19 situation. All Terms & Conditions outlined including the refund policy will be upheld regardless of signature of required documentation. Neither program enrollment nor program participation will be permitted unless all requested documents are signed and returned. Terra Education reserves the right to cancel any applicants or deny participation of any enrolled students and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid if the requested documentation is not signed and returned in a timely manner specified by Terra.
Deadlines & Terms for Tuition Payment:
- For programs in spring and summer 2021 tuition is due in full within 1 week* of enrollment when all of the following conditions are met:
- (1) the program session begins in 90 days or less
- (2) the program session has met minimum student enrollment numbers
- (3) the program is deemed reasonably viable to operate by Terra’s discretion (considering CDC, State Department and other authorities).
- If these conditions are met prior to 90 days from departure, tuition is due within 30 days of enrollment.
Late Fees & Penalties:
A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received by the due date. Additionally, if your balance is overdue, GLA reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid.
If your full tuition balance is paid on time: If you cancel out of your programs at least 60 days prior to departure and your full tuition balance has been paid on time, your family is eligible to receive a lifetime tuition credit for all payments received (excluding the application fee), in lieu of a refund payment. This exception to the refund policy for extenuating circumstances is only open to those who have paid the full balance on-time.
Available on a limited basis upon request.
Payment by check:
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your checks to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction (ACH transfer). A $25 fee applies to bounced checks.
Payment Method Discounts:
The following discounts are available if you make your balance payment via check or deposit: 8-day Programs – $20, 10-day programs – $30, 14-day programs – $50, 21-day programs – $70.
Deadlines & Terms for Completing and Turning in Pre-Departure Documents:
All of the key dates and deadlines are outlined for your reference below.
Deadlines for pre-departure documents:
Pre-departure documents are required for participation. Upon acceptance, you will receive the necessary documents and instructions via email
- For all participants who enroll up until January 31st, pre-departure documents will be due by March 1st.
- For all spring participants who enroll up until December 31st, pre-departure documents will be due by February 1st.
- For all summer participants beginning February 1st, pre-departure documents are due 30 days after acceptance into the program. For all spring participants beginning January 1st, pre-departure documents are due 30 days after acceptance into the program.
- If your program departure date is closer than 60 days away, your pre-departure documents are due 1 week from acceptance.
- Late Fees & Penalties: A $50 late fee will be assessed if all pre-departure documents are not obtained and submitted by the due date.
Deadlines & Terms for Changing Programs or Session Dates:
There are a couple of deadlines you should take note of, outlined below.
Deadlines for changing programs:
- Until April 15th, students can change to available sessions (dates, program, countries) at no additional fee.
- As of April 16th, there is a $50 fee to change to an available session (date, program, countries).
Details on Travel Insurance:
GLA includes secondary medical insurance and evacuation insurance during the program as part of your total program costs. However, purchasing a travel insurance policy is also recommended. See further insurance details below for guidance.
Insurance: Arch RoamRight
- We highly recommend purchasing a Travel Insurance policy to help protect your investment. We suggest Arch RoamRight, a reputable provider with years of strong customer reviews and a reputation for great customer service.
- Secondary medical insurance and evacuation insurance during the program is included for programs located outside of the US.
- We CANNOT extend beyond our refund policy for personal injury, losses or acts of God or any other exceptions, however travel insurance may be able to provide additional coverage beyond our refund policy.
Details on Items Not Covered by Tuition:
Below, we’ve outlined a list of several items that will need to be paid for separately in addition to your tuition.
Items not covered by tuition, that you will need to pay for:
- International or domestic airfare to and from the destination country and/or city
- Entry passport / visa to the country (if required)
- Immunizations (if required)
- Multi-Country Flight Connections (if applicable)
- Airport taxes (if required)
- US health insurance for programs within the US, if a resident of the US
- Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test (negative test required to travel)
Typical student expenses during the program also not covered by tuition:
- Snacks and soft drinks
- Laundry (when available)
- Public internet cafes
Details on Items Covered by Tuition (Program Fees):
GLA programs are all-inclusive, except for airfare. We provide students housing, transportation, three full meals a day, secondary medical insurance and evacuation insurance. Students will bring their own souvenir money and extra spending money.
These items are included with your program tuition:
- Secondary medical and evacuation insurance
- Airport pickup by GLA staff
- Phone call home upon arrival
- All meals and purified water
- Lodging in GLA Home-Base
- All ground transportation
- All excursions and activities
- Experienced Program Directors
- Supplies for service project
- Pre-departure logistical support
- 24-hour emergency hotline
- Emergency cash-advance service
Tuition Credit Redemption Directions:
We have outlined some simple steps to follow if you received any tuition credit toward future travel.
For participants redeeming tuition credit from 2020:
- Please select the box above “My trip is sponsored by an organization that will pay GLA directly”. In the “Sponsoring Organization” box enter the student name and credit amount that you’d like to redeem.
- Once you submit your application, your credit will be verified and discounted from your tuition balance.
- Credit received during the COVID-19 outbreak does not expire and is not subject to the refund policy, nor applicable for any refund at any time. However, any additional funds paid towards your balance are subject to the refund policy in place at the time of payment.
Custom Group Travel Program Details:
There are a few special parameters involved in traveling with GLA for custom groups.
For Custom Group Programs:
- Program is reserved for the group once deposits for each participant have been received.
- 12 is the minimum enrollment to run a program. If under 12, we will require a surcharge.
- 10-11 students: $200 per paying participant is added
- 9-10 students: $300 per paying participant is added
- Deposits due as soon as a Letter of Intent is signed or as agreed upon.
- Balance of the program fee is due 90 days before the start date of the program.
- A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received by the due date.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, tuition excludes international airfare or entry visas (if required), laundry, airport departure taxes, or trip cancellation insurance.
- PLEASE HAVE YOUR FLIGHT ITINERARY APPROVED BY GLA CUSTOM GROUP TRAVEL BEFORE PURCHASE
- GLA does not book international airfare unless we’ve made special arrangements. Please contact Student Universe for assistance.
We accept several methods of payment that you can choose from.
- We accept MasterCard and Visa credit card payments.
- We accept US personal checks and money orders in dollars.
- Please contact us with any questions on payment or banking details.
Checks and money orders should be sent to:
Global Leadership Adventures
10509 San Diego Mission Road, Suite S
San Diego, CA 92108
Outside of the US and Canada: We accept the above forms of payment, except for personal checks.
Payment Due Dates & Deadlines:
For all participants who enroll up until November 30, final tuition will be due by Dec. 31.
Beginning December 1, final tuition is due 45 days after payment of deposit, upon acceptance into the program.
If your program departure date is closer than 60 days away, your tuition is due 1 week from payment of deposit, upon acceptance into the program.
A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received by the due date.
Terms & Conditions for Payment:
All payments are subject to the conditions of our refund policy once the payment is received. Certain portions of the program fees are refundable depending on the date of the cancellation request. If a student chooses to withdraw for any reason prior to the program start date, GLA must be notified in writing. The refund will be calculated according to the date on which GLA receives this notification.
There is a application fee due when you complete Page 1 of the application and save your space on a program. The application fee ranges between $95-$145 depending on time of year in which you enroll.
Scholarships & Financial Aid:
Global Leadership Adventures has set aside a finite pool of need-based scholarships under the GLA Scholarship Fund. In order to apply for a scholarship, students must submit a Financial Aid Form and copies of their parents’ income tax filings from the last two years, along with their program application. Unfortunately, GLA does not directly offer any full-fee scholarships. Full-fee scholarships are distributed through selected partner organizations.
>> Please also be sure to review GLA’s Refund Policy page for additional details, terms and conditions.