Costa Rica: Spring Break Service Adventure
Support a meaningful community project by helping to protect an endangered sea turtle nesting beach.
- Live in a coastal village near a beautiful beach
- Volunteer sea turtle preservation projects and community development infrastructure
- Go tubing down the Rio Negro
- Engage with locals and practice your Spanish around town
- Zipline through the forest
- Enjoy the ocean via catamaran and snorkel among marine life
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
Students will take to local beaches and participate in cleanup efforts, removing debris that can ensnare young sea turtle hatchlings making their way to the sea. You’ll help local partners as they survey sea turtle nesting sites and make sure they’re primed for the nesting mothers. You’ll also be assisting on night patrols with a local nonprofit dedicated to environmental protection and to increasing birth rates for Costa Rica’s threatened sea turtle species.
Living in an authentic community is a great way to learn about Costa Rican culture. Learn to dance salsa and cumbia, two traditional dances of the region. In Costa Rica, food is a huge part of their cultural identity–sample fresh fruits fresh from the tree, and try local dishes like gallo pinto or a casado. Discuss current social issues in Costa Rica, including growing environmental concerns and the importance of ecotourism. You’ll also have opportunities to practice your Spanish or pick up new words with locals in the region.
You can’t visit Costa Rica without getting a little taste of adventure! Our location on the Pacific coast is ideal for all things ocean: Cruise along Potrero Bay on a catamaran and play in the waves. You’ll have plenty of time for fun in the sun and relaxing in the sand. Take a dip in a beautiful natural hot spring. Go ziplining over green tree canopies and whitewater tube down a wild and picturesque river.
Home Base is an ecolodge located in a coastal region of Costa Rica known for its beautiful beaches and protected ecological areas. You’ll have access to pools and gardens. Students stay in gender-segregated rooms with roommates, and have private bathrooms and air conditioning.
Dates & Tuition
Spring Break Service Adventure
8-Day Program (Spring)
|March 12 – March 19, 2022|
|March 19 – March 26, 2022|
|March 26 – April 2, 2022|
|April 2 – April 9, 2022|
|April 9 – April 16, 2022|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary Medical and Evacuation Insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support