Overseas Travel & Volunteer Programs. Exclusively for Teens.
GLA Fall 2020
Global Impact Virtual Internship
The Fall Session of the Global Impact Virtual Internship is now open for registration. Global Leadership Adventures offers this 6-week virtual internship to student interns ages 14-19, where they will develop essential leadership skills and build toward career development goals.
Taking place entirely online, this part-time virtual internship gives our young leaders a unique opportunity to work in partnership with GLA and active non-profit organizations across several countries.
VIDEO: THE GLA PERSPECTIVE
GLA Through The Lens
The GLA Experience:
Join the Movement
Global Leadership Adventures:
Our Founding Story
Summer Staff Training:
What Sets GLA Directors Apart
Honors and Arts & Letters
GLA Vlog from Peru:
Machu Picchu Expedition
GLA Vlog in San Diego:
Our Team Beach Clean-up
Why Choose GLA
The GLA Difference
We believe that leaders are made and not born, and that leadership is as critical life skill that can be developed. Everyone can be leader who rallies others around a vision or a goal.
Safety is our first priority. Our 5-Point Safety System is a set of rigorous standards that support the safety, health and well-being of students on every program.
We provide superior service to every family before, during and after the program. This includes our 24-hour helpline providing staff support throughout the program.
GLA’s international staff are more than chaperones. Students are led by program Directors and Mentors who have in-depth professional experince working with youth.
THE #1 PROVIDER OF TRAVEL FOR TEENS
Life-changing international journeys for high school students & beyond
oF GLA ALUMNI AGREE:
“WHEN I LOOK BACK ON MY GLA EXPERIENCE, I CONSIDER IT TO HAVE BEEN LIFE-CHANGING.”
*Based on a survey of alumni 3 years post-program
- Participate in a range of experiences: From community service and immersive learning, to exploratory travel and adventure
- Discover new places and meet new people: Travel overseas and make friends with like-minded teens
- Earn community service hours: You will earn between 5-80 community service hours while on-program
- Boost your college admissions: Write about your GLA experience in college applications or essays
- Choose your ideal dates: Spring break and summer program dates are available; sessions run 8-21 days
- Make a meaningful impact: GLA is a recognized leader in international volunteering and community service programs for high school students
- Travel solo or with a friend: Most teens on GLA programs are solo travelers who join the rest of the student group upon arrival; we also welcome friends or siblings who wish to travel together
- Enjoy small group sizes: Most of our program sessions enroll between 10-30 students, and participants are woven into even more intimate teams for service and mentor groups
- Tuition is all-inclusive: Scholarships and payment plans are available
GLA on Instagram 📷