What Do You Do on Leadership Summer Programs for High School Students?
- Explore your personal leadership style. Not everyone leads in the same way.
- Take your turn at the home base and service site as leader of the day
- Meet local leaders such as a village chief in Ghana or an NGO founder in Costa Rica
- Participate in a meaningful service project with others who share your passions
- Leave your legacy through engagement with a community in need
Be Prepared for College and Beyond
One thing that college admissions officers and career recruiters say is lacking among applicants is an ability to lead. We all have those friends who had helicopter parents - moms and dads who did everything for them from kindergarten through high school graduation - which leaves them unprepared to deal with challenges in the real world.
Leadership courses for teens can help high school students build confidence in their own skills and in their ability to lead others. Whether you're a type-A person with a knack for taking charge, or a quiet observer who has a subtler approach to making a difference, Global Leadership Adventures will guide you as you nurture your own leadership style.
With GLA, teens will lend a hand to a community in a developing country, and be immersed in a culture different then their own. A change in environment, especially one far removed from home, is one way to become a better leader. Plus, you won't spend all summer doing volunteer work and leadership activities. You'll also have opportunities to discover the incredible cultures and communities of countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, or The Caribbean.