Our Teen Spanish Language Programs Offer You the Opportunity to:
- Travel to Costa Rica and speak with locals in their native language
- Explore the Andes Mountains in Peru and engage with indigenous children
- Experience Spain's vibrant culture through its people
- Learn Spanish at your own level, even if you're new to the language
- Add language skills and volunteer experiences to your college applications
Learning Spanish: Classroom vs. Culture
In an increasingly connected world, knowing only a single language can put teenagers at a disadvantage as they graduate from high school and enter college. So where is the best place to go learn Spanish? Spanish class and local language camps can teach the basics, but they can’t replicate the quick learning that comes from being fully immersed in the language.
At Global Leadership Adventures (GLA), high school students can practice their Spanish with native speakers in their home countries. GLA’s Spanish immersion programs for teens combine community service projects with exploration of a culture and its people. During these 2-3 week courses in the summer, GLA student volunteers will not only acquire language learning hours, they’ll get to practice in the markets, at local schools, and with community leaders throughout their program.