Make a Difference in the Health of a Community
- Explore the issues facing local organizations providing medical care in rural communities
- Make a lasting impact by build facilities that work to improve the health of the community
- Learn what it's like to be a doctor or other medical professional in a developing country
- Compare and contrast the public health practices of the culture's own traditional medicine and newer, western medicine
- Make new friends with like-minded teens interested in a career in medicine or public health
GLA programs focus on meaningful service work and pair cultural activities and excursions alongside volunteering. High school students who travel with GLA experience what life is like in another country, and our summer high school medical programs help to open new doors for those teens who are interested in a future profession in public health or medicine.
An adventure to fuel your passions, or find a new one.
Children & Education • Language Immersion • Environment & Community Action • Animal & Wildlife Conservation • Sports Leadership • Medicine & Public Health • Social Entrepreneurship • Photography & Journalism • Children & Community Development
Tuition is all-inclusive
$1,999 to $7,499 for 1 to 3 week teen volunteer camps, Spring Break & Summer sessions*
*Tuition includes all in-country expenses including: Educational materials, lodging, 3 meals per day, all in-country transportation, airport pick-up, professional full-time staff and experts from the US/Europe, travel medical insurance, cultural activities, lectures, weekend excursions, and pre-departure materials and support.
Where Will You Travel As A GLA Volunteer?
Africa • Ghana • South Africa • Tanzania • Asia & The Pacific • Bali • China • Fiji • India • Philippines • Thailand • Central America & The Caribbean • Costa Rica • Belize • Cuba • Dominican Republic • Guatemala • Guadaloupe • Haiti • Europe • Spain • South America • Brazil • Galapagos • Peru