What Will I Do On One of GLA's High School Medical Camps?
- You'll encounter and discuss the issues local groups and NGOs face in providing medical care in remote communities
- You may be part of a team that builds new infrastructure that benefits health care works in the community, and their patients
- You'll see what it's like to be a doctor, nurse, or public health worker in a developing community
- Your fellow student volunteers and you will become fast friends as you share your mutual interest for helping others
- You'll leave your legacy in the town or village where you live for a long time to come
Medical camps for high school students in the United States are often limited by what they can't offer - a true clinical setting with a chance to make a direct impact on people. In developing countries, there's a much greater need for young people with a passion for health and medicine to become inspired to come to the aid of communities-in-need. While you won't be performing medicine directly on a GLA program, your efforts on the ground will support public health workers and doctors that you will get to know in-person, and therefore the patients they serve. You'll even be surprised about how your volunteer efforts in building eco-compost toilets, distributing clean water filters, and more will truly improve the public health of the areas you visit.
A GLA adventure to fuel your passions, or find a new one.
Children & Education • Language Immersion • Ocean & Environment Conservation • Animal & Wildlife Conservation • Sports Leadership • Medicine & Public Health • Social Entrepreneurship • Photography & Journalism • Children & Community Development • Building from Start to Finish • Middle School
Tuition is all-inclusive
$2,099 to $6,299 for 1 to 3 week teen volunteer camps, Spring Break & Summer sessions*
*Tuition includes all in-country expenses including: Educational materials, lodging, 3 meals per day, all in-country transportation, airport pick-up, professional full-time staff and experts from the US/Europe, travel medical insurance, cultural activities, lectures, weekend excursions, and pre-departure materials and support.
Where Will You Travel As A GLA Volunteer?
Africa • Ghana • South Africa • Tanzania • Asia & The Pacific • Bali • China • Fiji • India • Thailand • Central America & The Caribbean • Costa Rica • Belize • Cuba • Dominican Republic • Guatemala • Guadeloupe • Haiti • Europe • Spain • South America • Brazil • Galapagos • Peru