Our Teen Mandarin Language Programs Offer You the Opportunity to:
- Travel to China and speak with locals in their native language
- Explore the differences between urban and rural life
- Experience ancient Chinese traditionsas well as modern culture
- Learn Mandarin at your own pace, even if you've never spoken a word
- Make your college applicationseven more competitive
Learning Mandarin: Classroom vs. Culture
China has become an increasingly important destination for commerce, international diplomacy, and tourism. As the most populous nation on earth, China's growth means that those people who can speak fluent Mandarin have a huge advantage in the coming years over those who know only a single language. But getting to know Mandarin isn't easy.
Global Leadership Adventures offers international Mandarin immersion programs for high school students that expose teens to the language and culture of China. By studying Mandarin abroad during high school instead of at a class at school or a local summer camp, students are able to build context and make meaningful connections that are lost in textbook study alone.
GLA teens on the China program will acquire 20 language hours during their program, while also participating in meaningful service projects that will help them create ties with local people. This truly is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make a difference in other peoples' lives while also preparing for your own future!