Finances & Aid
What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept MasterCard and Visa credit card payments.
- We accept electronic bank transfers. Please email us for banking details.
- We accept US personal checks and money orders in dollars. Checks and money orders should be sent to:
Global Leadership Adventures
10509 San Diego Mission Road, Suite A-1
San Diego, CA 92108
Outside of the US and Canada: We accept the above forms of payment, except for personal checks.
When is payment due?
For all participants who enroll up until November 30, final tuition will be due by Dec. 31.
Beginning December 1, final tuition is due 30 days after acceptance into the program.
If your program departure date is closer than 60 days away, your tuition is due 1 week from acceptance.
Note: A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received by the due date.
All payments are subject to the conditions of our refund policy once the payment is received. Certain portions of the program fees are refundable depending on the date of the cancellation request. If a student chooses to withdraw for any reason prior to the program start date, GLA must be notified in writing. The refund will be calculated according to the date on which GLA receives this notification. The refund policy is as follows:
- Cancellation notices received by 5 months prior to program start date, 100% of tuition paid is refundable, except $95 application fee
- Cancellation notices received by 4 months prior to program start date, 75% of tuition paid is refundable, except application fee
- Cancellation notices received by 3 months prior to program start date, 50% of tuition paid is refundable, except application fee
- Cancellation notices received by 2 months prior to program start date, 25% of tuition paid is refundable, except application fee
- Cancellation notices received less than 2 months prior to program start date, tuition is non-refundable
If the balance has not been paid in full at the time of cancellation, the above percentages apply to monies paid as of the date of cancellation.
If an application is not completed within 30 days of deposit, GLA reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid. If your balance is overdue, GLA reserves the right to cancel the application and retain the deposit and any additional funds paid.
Note: The application fee is non-refundable. The $400 deposit is subject to our refund policy.
Pre-departure documents are required for participation. Upon acceptance, you will receive the necessary documents and instructions via email from your Student Coordinator.
- For all participants who enroll up until January 31st, pre-departure documents will be due by March 1st.
- Beginning February 1st, pre-departure documents are due 30 days after acceptance into the program.
- If your program departure date is closer than 60 days away, your pre-departure documents are due 1 week from acceptance.
- A $50 late fee will be assessed if all pre-departure documents are not obtained and submitted by the due date.
Policy for changing sessions:
Prior to April 1, students can change sessions (dates, program, countries) at no additional fee.
As of April 1, there is a $50 fee to change your session (dates, program, countries).
NOTE: Families who have purchased trip cancellation insurance will be refunded by the insurance company until the departure date of the program.
What do the program fees include?
GLA programs are all-inclusive, except for airfare. We provide students housing, transportation, three full meals a day, health insurance and travel insurance. Students will bring their own souvenir money and extra spending money.
For a comprehensive list of what is and isn't included in tuition, click here.
Do you offer any scholarships or financial aid?
Yes, GLA has set aside a finite pool of need-based scholarships under the GLA Scholarship Fund. In order to apply for a scholarship, students must submit a Financial Aid Form and copies of their parents' income tax filings from the last two years, along with their program application. Unfortunately, GLA does not directly offer any full-fee scholarships. Full-fee scholarships are distributed through selected partner organizations. Please inquire by email.