Share the Stories of Those Whose Voices Go Unheard
- Document the stories of people in remote communities, who may never have had the chance to share their history to a wider audience
- Advocate for people in need and the communities in which they live through your writing
- Build up your comfort level interacting with people whose backgrounds are different than yours - a key skill for future interviewers!
- Add excitement to your college application by writing about critical issues facing communities and countries far from home
- Share your passion for writing and journalism with others who love to write and report
Journalism Camp vs. GLA Journalism Programs
While journalism camps are often close to home and focus on telling stories about things you already know a lot about, GLA's journalism programs take you out of your comfort zone to find stories that often go unnoticed. Think of all the now-famous journalists who got their first big break reporting overseas. The professional journalism field is competitive, and sometimes it takes an unusual reporting experience to step into the spotlight. Sharpen your skills with the help of professionals who write stories abroad for a living, and find your authentic voice for sharing news with the world at-large.
A GLA adventure to fuel your passions, or find a new one.
Children & Education • Language Immersion • Ocean & Environment Conservation • Animal & Wildlife Conservation • Sports Leadership • Medicine & Public Health • Social Entrepreneurship • Photography & Journalism • Children & Community Development • Building from Start to Finish • Middle School
Tuition is all-inclusive
$2,099 to $6,299 for 1 to 3 week teen volunteer camps, Spring Break & Summer sessions*
*Tuition includes all in-country expenses including: Educational materials, lodging, 3 meals per day, all in-country transportation, airport pick-up, professional full-time staff and experts from the US/Europe, travel medical insurance, cultural activities, lectures, weekend excursions, and pre-departure materials and support.
Where Will You Travel As A GLA Volunteer?
Africa • Ghana • South Africa • Tanzania • Asia & The Pacific • Bali • China • Fiji • India • Thailand • Central America & The Caribbean • Costa Rica • Belize • Cuba • Dominican Republic • Guatemala • Guadeloupe • Haiti • Europe • Spain • South America • Brazil • Galapagos • Peru