Get a Life-Changing Experience in 3 Weeks Instead of an Entire Year:
- Experience a new country and its culture in only a couple of weeks
- Avoid scheduling conflicts! You can keep your school year schedule
- Journey to Africa, Asia, Latin America, or The Caribbean and still graduate on-time
- Save money! GLA is all-inclusive, except for airfare and travel documents
- Make friends from around the world - including the US, UK, and Canada
Travel Abroad: Summer Programs vs. Gap Year
Taking a gap year before college often isn't possible due to the constraints fo the school year schedule, especially for ambitious high school students who want to graduate on-time and attend the college of their choice. Instead, summer break offers a wonderful opportunity to spend a few weeks on an international adventure without upending all your plans.
While on a GLA program, you'll not only be exposed to a new culture and language, you'll also get to participate in a meaningful service project. By volunteering in the community where you'll be living for 10 days to 3 weeks, you'll forge connections to local people better than you would as a tourist on most gap year programs. Plus, you'll be around people your age who share your interests in travel and giving back. Exciting new adventures await you - so what are you waiting for?