The STEM Experience: London, Paris & Geneva™
Science and travel collide as you explore some of the epicenters of STEM learning and research.
- Be a scientist for a day at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Visit the iconic Eiffel Tower and Louvre in Paris
- Cruise down the Thames & visit the Tower of London
- Investigate the hands on experiments and exhibits at Palais de La Decouverte
- Spend a half day helping out in the local community with a service project
On This Program you will...
On this program you will travel to five cities that are making their mark in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). From cutting-edge research at two of Europe’s most prestigious universities to museums to functional labs, participate in a variety of hands-on workshops and demonstrations with concentrations spanning from forensics to astrophysics to public transportation systems. Compare and explore the ways in which modern disciplines and ancient fundamentals converge and the modern age of scientific discovery in one of the most scientifically exciting regions of the world.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
- The adventure begins in London, Great Britain’s metropolitan hub
- Venture north to Oxford and Cambridge, the world’s second and fourth oldest universities
- Hop the English Channel and spend three days in Paris, France where you’ll explore the “City of Light” for its role during the Age of Enlightenment
- Journey south via high-speed train to Geneva, home of the United Nations and a longtime European hub for scientific research
Collect DNA from a fictional crime scene and use molecular biological techniques to identify the culprit. Visit Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie, Europe’s largest science museum, as well as Cambridge’s Polar Institute, where you’ll learn about the unique climate and geological processes affecting Earth’s polar regions. Explore the mysteries of the universe as well as the equipment used by physicists at CERN, including particle accelerators.
Experience the glamour of London’s famous West End theater, the UK’s equivalent of Broadway. Learn the thrills of punting (boating) on the Cambridge River, a tradition that dates back to 1903. Take in Parisian views from atop the Eiffel Tower before exploring the Louvre through a scavenger hunt. Stroll around Geneva’s Old Town and enjoy a special fondue dinner made from cheeses locally produced in Switzerland.
Lodging info coming soon.
Looking to experience Europe this summer? You might get a whole lot more.
Where our service-learning programs go deep, Europe Discovery programs go broad. These experiences deliver on our exploratory travel methodology to immerse students in a country or theme through a series of locations deliberately selected for their impact and significance–iconic monuments, historical sites, and cultural exploration are all on the agenda. This program type is ideal for students who are curious about or have a strong interest in history, culture, the arts, contemporary issues, and the role of each city or region on the global stage.
Dates & Tuition
The STEM Experience: London, Paris & Geneva™
|July 6 – July 19, 2020|
Tuition Includes All In-Country Expenses Including:
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support
Chat with Past Participants on Facebook
Custom Group Travel Option
Global Leadership Adventures offers open enrollment on this program to any high school student who wishes to join any of the summer session dates listed above. Students will meet other teens from around the country and the world who sign up for the same program dates and destination.
Alternatively, this program is also available as an option for custom group travel any time of the year for those looking to put together their own group trip.
GLA Custom Group Travel works with educators, group leaders, or self-led students to create a tailored experience for their specific group of 12 or more students. Select a pre-designed itinerary or select your own countries, themes, and learning objectives; regardless, GLA provides a safe environment for participants to learn, grow and challenge themselves with their fellow travel mates. Our local partners help bring foreign cultures to life, providing the critical context only a local resident could provide, and granting our students locals-only access to off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Leadership and personal growth are the core components of all of our programs, regardless of duration, destination or theme type and can be woven throughout every aspect of the experience as desired by the group leader. Our programs aim to ignite participants to become inspired to be the change.
The GLA Community