EduTerra Global Internships
The following position descriptions are available as part of the EduTerra Global Internship Program:
Location: Costa Rica
Start Date: Our hiring process has concluded for the 2017-2018 season, but please check back here in the spring for the new 2018-2019 EGI application
Calling all GLA alumni & recent college graduates! You’ve told us you want to continue your experience by inspiring others, learn more about the field of educational travel, live abroad in an exciting new city; gain new skills; and possibly, learn a new language. We’re thrilled to offer you the opportunity to join our international team based for this 11 month internship in Costa Rica as part of our EduTerra Global Internship Program.
Click here to read more in depth about this experience including testimonials, responsibilities and more!
Benefits & Compensation
An exciting and comprehensive ongoing professional internship program
- Living arrangements
- Comfortable, local home stay, private bedroom or shared with another intern (same gender); breakfast and dinner provided
- Monthly stipend
- Stipend: $400 USD/month
- Program year end completion bonus of $2,500
- Workplace set up - including computers and supplies
- Includes local health/medical insurance
- Round-trip airfare to and from Costa Rica for start and end of program (October & August)
- Round-trip airfare between the United States and Costa Rica (December break)
- Financial and logistical assistance with immigration process; includes costs of birth certificate and FBI reports
- Work schedule that allows for travel and exploration, 4-day work week
- Visit an EduTerra program while in session during the summer
- Intensive Spanish language training, proficiency level appropriate
- Spanish & cultural immersion in home stays
How To Apply & Timeline
We will be reviewing completed applications and offering positions on a rolling basis. This is a highly competitive process and we will be screening all applicants carefully to ensure the best fit for the internship. We will continue accepting new completed applications until all positions are filled. Internship offers will be made on a rolling basis; we aim to fill all positions by August 1, 2017. For this reason, please get your application completed as soon as possible, so you can begin the interview process.
Step 1: Submit Online Application
Step 2: Submit Sparkhire Video
Upon submission of your online application, you will receive a link to complete a recorded interview using Sparkhire. This step requires a video and microphone on your computer. You will be asked to record your responses to four questions. We cannot over technical assistance, if you need help, please contact Sparkhire directly. For questions related to the application you can email email@example.com
Step 3: Interviews
Once you complete steps 1 & 2, we will review your application, cover letter, resume and Sparkhire video. You must submit complete Step 1 and Step 2 in order to be considered. If your application is selected, we will invite you to a first interview via telephone. Successful candidates will complete a minimum of 3 phone interviews before they are offered a position.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we ask that you refrain from contacting our office by phone.