EduTerra Global Internships
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Start Date: September 30, 2019
Program Brochure: Click here to view
EduTerra has three divisions: Global Leadership Adventures, Summer Springboard and Discover Corps. Meaningful experiences sit at the core of each branch of our organization and during your 11 month internship you will have the chance to work for Global Leadership Adventures or Summer Springboard.
Global Leadership Adventures
The bulk of internship positions are with our largest division of programs: Global Leadership Adventures. The mission of these leadership programs is to inspire teens to realize their potential to transform the world and their role in it through service-learning international travel. Interning for GLA involves joining our Admissions team and wearing many hats. Your primary duty will be sales! This means calling and emailing families who are interested in our programs and being the first touch-point for them. In this role you will be speaking with hundreds of families daily, as you work toward becoming a consultative sales and customer service expert! You will advise families from our portfolio of programs in 20+ countries around the world and enjoy talking to families about these life-changing experiences. You will also have a hand in helping to prepare students to travel, supporting families while traveling in the summer and projects for other departments such as Marketing or Programs. See Enrollment Advisor Position Details
There is also an internship position available with our newest business, Summer Springboard. Summer Springboard is offers pre-college summer programs on the campuses of prestigious US universities. Students explore an academic interest while also learning about themselves and charting their personal path for success. We offer programs such as Medicine, Business, and Engineering at UC Berkeley and Yale Universities and there are ambitious plans to expand these options greatly in the coming years. Interns will use consultative sales to enroll interested students and also work with enrolled students to prepare them for their summer program. See Admissions Advisor Internship posting.
Benefits & Compensation
- Living arrangements: Local homestay, private bedroom or shared with another intern (same gender); 2 meals provided daily
- Monthly stipend: 2 Options for the duration of the internship (please select preference on your application)Program year end completion bonus of $2,500
- $400 USD/month: 4-day work-week commitment (approx 32hrs weekly)
- $600 USD/month: 5-day work-week commitment (approx 40hrs weekly)
- Workplace setup - including computers and supplies
- Includes local health/medical insurance
- Round-trip airfare to and from Costa Rica for start and end of program
- A 2-week paid holiday break at the end of December/New Year
- Financial and logistical assistance with immigration process
- Visit an EduTerra program while in session (typically during the summer)
- Spanish language classes (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced levels available)
- Spanish & cultural immersion in home stay lodging
Step 1: Submit Online Application Fill and submit an online application. If you experience any issues or do not receive a confirmation email from GLA, please email email@example.com.
Step 2: Submit Sparkhire Video Interview Upon submission of your online application, you will receive a link to complete a recorded interview using Sparkhire. This step requires a video and microphone. You will be asked to record your responses to four questions. We cannot offer technical assistance; if you need help, please contact Sparkhire directly. For questions related to the application you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Interviews Once you complete steps 1 & 2, we will review your application, cover letter, resume and Sparkhire video. You must complete Step 1 and Step 2 in order to be considered. If your application is selected, we will invite you to a first interview via telephone. Successful candidates will complete a minimum of 3 interviews before they are offered a position.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we ask that you refrain from contacting our office by phone.