Peru: Foundations of Global Health™
Contribute to public health and the global good in the Andean communities of the Sacred Valley, and have an experience you'll never forget.
- Learn how sustainable health care solutions are proposed and carried out in a vast, rural area
- Be guided by medical professionals who can give you unique insights into public health challenges in the regions
- Compare the western medicine you know with the traditional medical practices of the Sacred Valley
- Experience the local Peruvian culture, from its rich cuisine to the fanciful markets of Cuzco
- Journey to iconic Machu Picchu and explore its incredible ancient ruins
Poor nutrition and access to adequate medical care are critical issues in and around the Sacred Valley in Peru. On this program, join other teens who share your passion for medicine and public health as you learn about the complexities of health care in this region, and the challenge in offering sustainable solutions. You'll be immersed in local communities, working alongside a credentialed public health administrator or allied health practitioner who leads a public health practice, and will mentor you throughout your meaningful service project. Outside of community service, you'll also get the chance to have real adventure, including time to explore world-famous Machu Picchu.