Brazil: Animal Rescue Project™
From monkeys to macaws, discover the wonders of Brazilian wildlife and work to preserve the Amazon for future generations.
- Explore the Amazon rainforest and surrounding region
- Meet with indigenous people and learn about their community life and culture
- Provide care for animals native to Brazil and take a hands-on role in conservation efforts
- Learn from NGOs and community organizations working to ward off impacts of city life on nearby habitats
- Visit Rio de Janeiro, the crown jewel of Brazil
On this program, you'll have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to joins teens who share your passion for wildlife conservation and make a difference for Brazil's animals and environment. Featuring some of the most lush and expansive stretches of rainforest on the planet, Brazil nevertheless faces challenges as it works to preserve its native habitats that are increasingly threatened by global forces and climate change. Aside from your time working with monkey populations and spotting macaws in the jungle canopy, you'll also get to take an excursion to Rio de Janeiro, where you'll experience world-famous landmarks like the Christ the Redeemer statue that sits atop Mount Corcovado.