Guadeloupe: French Service Adventure
Learn French and contribute to a meaningful service project in this European-influenced region of the Caribbean.
- Learn about the impact of tourism and climate change on the local economy and how sustainable farming can make a difference
- Be immersed in the French language and learn a touch of Creole too as you explore Guadeloupe's music, dance and art
- Visit the slave trade museum and uncover Guadeloupe's heritage as a French territory
- Make a positive impact on the lives of local families and children by addressing prevalent issues facing their communities
- Enjoy the famous local beaches and water activities as well-deserved breaks from your service work
An island oasis of French language speakers in a sea of English and Spanish, Guadeloupe is a hidden gem in the Caribbean just waiting to be explored by Francophile high school students. From the vibrant and colorful markets you'll experience to your home visits with local families, you'll be immersed in island life from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart. Come to Guadeloupe with GLA and discover how its European roots and Caribbean flair combine to make a one-of-a-kind destination.
The GLA Experiential Language Curriculum™ integrates French language learning into all aspects of the experience, allowing students to take away more of the culture, and also leave more behind. From community service to excursions and cultural events, language is given a new context. French class will never be the same.