Dominican Republic: Social Entrepreneurship Initiative™
Examine the management structure and impact of NGOs, and how both their survey practices and hands-on work benefit Dominican communities.
- Learn all the ins and outs of NGOs and local organizations working to improve lives in the Dominican Republic
- Explore how community surveys provide the foundation of information necessary to do long-term, sustainable work in the region
- Share your passion for making social change happen with other young entrepreneurs just like you
- Contribute to a meaningful service project that addresses issues of community and environmental health
- Have a one-of-a-kind adventure in the Caribbean - jump into lagoons, swim in the ocean and hike through the rolling hillsides
Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) are the backbone of many developing countries and their most vulnerable communities, supplying the resources and manpower necessary to provide benefits to the many at-risk families who live there. On this program, join other young social entrepreneurs who are looking to innovation and creativity as solutions to some of the most challenging problems in the world today. You'll shadow NGOs working on the ground, and learn how different elements of human health and security affect day-to-day lives in nearby communities. Take the lead on offering up creative solutions of your own, and chart the course for how an idea for social change begins and where it might lead.