Cities that Shaped Europe: Rome, Paris & London™
Dive into some of the most influential cities in Europe as you discover their culture and importance in European history.
- Discover incredible Renaissance-era art, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at a Milanese fashion house and take part in a hands-on fashion workshop
- Take in a West End musical, London's Broadway theater equivalent
- Explore the Roman Colosseum and Forum, two that have been in existence for over
- Spend a half day helping out in the local community with a service project
On this program you will travel to some of Europe's most influential cities, spanning Italy, France and the United Kingdom. Explore the ways in which each city along our route has contributed to Europe's cultural identity throughout history and influenced the course of the world. Touch on themes and events such as WWII, the Renaissance and colonialism and integrate these topics into each site, activity, and cultural exchange. Forge relationships with locals through a community-service project and throughout your travels as you explore not only European icons but also your own leadership style and objectives.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
- Start your adventure by exploring Rome, one of Europe's ancient cities and home to the Vatican City, the smallest soverign state within Rome and home to the Sistine Chapel and the Pope
- Visit Milan, Europe's fashion capital and home of the Milan Cathedral, which took almost 600 years to complete
- Journey via night train to Paris, which played a leading role during the Age of Enlightenment and continues be a major influencer on the continent today
- Wrap up your time in London, one of Europe's most populous cities and one of the world's most important financial districts
Discover London's Greenwich Observatory, the first state-funded scientific institution of its day. Meet with a local student and debate the shifting role of “Great Nations’” in the 21st century. Explore the Imperial War Museum to learn about the influence of war on the world; create your own documentary at this digitally–led experience.
Take a leisurely cruise on the river Seine--this is also a great way to see all of the iconic Parisian sights such as the Eiffel Tower. Learn to make your own Italian pasta in a workshop where the dish originated.
Dates & Tuition
Cities that Shaped Europe: Rome, Paris & London™ 12-Day Program
|Jun 22 - Jul 3, 2020|
|Jul 6 - Jul 17, 2020|
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support