France: Royalty, Revolution & the French Way of Life™
Experience la Joie de Vivre - the Joy of Life - first-hand as you explore France’s history and cultural gems from the city to the countryside.
- Take in spectacular views of Paris from the Eiffel Tower, on a Seine cruise, and from Sacre Coeur Basilica
- See Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa at the Louvre
- Visit Louis XIV's Palace of Versailles and the royal châteaus of the Loire Valley
- Demonstrate your olfactory prowess at one of France's well-known perfumeries
- Relax on the Cote d'Azur in Nice and Monaco and marvel at the works of Marc Chagall and Paul Cézanne
- Create a sweet treat at a bona fide French patisserie
- Spend a half day helping out in the local community with a service project
On this program you will travel to a selection of the most spectacular regions in France: from Paris to Versailles to the Loire Valley, the Provence and the French Riviera! Get a taste of joie de vivre, or enjoyment of life, from the bustling streets of Paris to the languid pace in the south. With site visits, group discussions and spending time with locals, explore the country's fascinating history and cultural achievements, and debate contemporary issues that face modern France. Discover your own leadership potential through guided workshops with the GLA Leadership Curriculum.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
- Your journey starts in Paris, the capital city
- Spend a day in Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its lush green fields and stately castles such as Château Royal d'Amboise
- Head west to Versailles to explore its famous palace
- Travel via high-speed train to Avignon, France's newest addition and home to one of the largest and most important medieval Gothic buildings in Europe
- Head to the south of France with stops in Provence and Aix-En-Provence
- Experience the French Riviera with Grasse, known as the world's perfume capital, and coastal Nice
- Say your goodbyes in Monaco, the sovereign city-state that is the world's second-smallest country
Learn about France's past and present when you explore iconic sites such a Notre Dame, Palace of the Popes, and the Palace of Versailles. Art buffs will enjoy immersing themselves in the works of da Vinci, Cézanne and Chagall, as well as participate in a workshop with a Parisian artist.
Adventure is easy to come by when you're always on the move! Get acquainted with the Louvre through a scavenger hunt. Create (and taste!) your own macarons in a pastry-making workshop. Challenge your friends to a game of pétanque, a uniquely French pasttime, before taking in the slow pace of life on the French Riviera.
Dates & Tuition
France: Royalty, Revolution & the French Way of Life™ 12-Day Program
|Jun 22 - Jul 3, 2020|
|Jul 6 - Jul 17, 2020|
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support