Philippines: Climate Action Island Adventure
Be an eco warrior in the Philippines, where rich culture and a welcoming community meets pristine natural beauty.
- Navigate the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Work with local NGOs on a variety of environmentally-geared projects
- Enjoy the islands' natural beauty through an island-hopping snorkeling excursion
- Hike to Kuyawyaw Waterfall and explore an ancient cave
Do your part to battle the effects of climate change while exploring Palawan, sometimes referred to as the “Last Ecological Frontier of the Philippines.” The region is home to beautiful beaches, diverse sea life, and breathtaking limestone formations; however, deforestation, rising water levels, and the increasingly devastating effects of natural disasters have taken their toll on this island nation. Work with a variety of organizations dedicated to promoting environmental sustainability and empowering local indigenous communities.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
Work to protect the natural wonders that comprise this beautiful island. From maintaining trails at Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park and Olangoan Falls to planting the mangrove trees crucial to protecting vulnerable coastlines, you'll experience the incredible nature of the Philippines while making a difference. Help to restore the ancient Taraw Cave to its former state for future generations to enjoy: the site is being developed as an eco-tourism site to support local communities with an alternative source of livlihood.
Meet with key local organizations that work tirelessly to support conservation and sustainability. Get to know members of the Batak tribe, the region's indigenous peoples, via cultural workshops and seminars, and dive deep into Puerto Princesa's long and complex history through a guided city tour. No trip to the Philippines is complete without sampling the local cuisine! Treat your taste buds with Filipino favorites such as lumpia and adobo. Keep your eyes peeled for geckos, exotic birds, and other wildlife.
With so much natural beauty just outside your front door, it would be a shame not to explore it! Snorkel, hike, and boat your way from the famous pristine beaches of El Nido to the Subterranean River of Puerto Princesa - we'll explore the island from tidepools to mounaintop. Swim in the blue waters beneath the hidden Kuyawyaw Waterfall. Take time out from your rigorous schedule to enjoy some firefly watching and stargazing at one of the island's many ecoparks.
Dates & Tuition
Philippines: Climate Action Island Adventure Flagship
|Jul 11 - Jul 31, 2020|
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support