Morocco: Cultural Kaleidoscope™
Uncover the secrets of magical Morocco as you immerse yourself in unique spices, meaningful service, and smiles you'll never forget.
- Volunteer at a summer camp for elementary school children
- Tour Marrakesh's famous medina & markets
- Experience a traditional hammam, or Arabic steam bath
- Visit historic Casablanca and the capital city of Rabat
- Learn to cook tajine, the most popular Moroccan dish
- Engage in ten hours of Modern Standard Arabic instruction through an accredited language school
Spend time in four Moroccan cities—Rabat, Marrakesh, Casablanca and Oukaimeden, a small city at the foot of the Atlas Mountains—to acquire a holistic perspective on the intricacies of North African culture. With a distinctive mix Arab, African, and European influence, Morocco is a colorful, fragrant and uniquely diverse country ripe for exploration. Through formal Arabic instruction and practicing with children in the summer camp at which you will volunteer, you'll be fully immersed in all that this country has to offer.
Your Adventure is Just Around the Corner!
Volunteer your time at a summer camp for primary school student from under-served communities, where you'll do everything from teach simple English lessons to facilitate games or craft activities to assist with physical refurbishment projects.
Explore local customs through a Moroccan cooking class and meet with a series of guest speakers who are experts in the Moroccan education system. Learn to haggle for intricate textiles and artisinal goods in Marrakesh's expansive outdoor market, or souk--with a few Arabic lessons under your belt, you'll soon be a pro! Visit Casablanca's Hassan Il, the largest mosque in Africa.
Hike in the lovely expanse of the High Atlas Mountains, where you just may spot monkeys, Barbary ground squirrels, or some of almost 200 species of bird found in the area. Speaking of animals, you'll have the opportunity to see Morocco from the back of a camel, the traditional form of transportation in the region dating back over a thousand years.
Dates & Tuition
Morocco: Cultural Kaleidoscope™ 14-Day Program
|Jul 1 - Jul 14, 2020|
|Jul 17 - Jul 30, 2020|
- All educational materials
- 3 meals per day
- All in-country transportation
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Professional full-time staff and experts from the USA/Europe
- 24/7 Parent Support Hotline during the program
- Secondary medical and travel insurance
- All cultural activities, lectures and weekend excursions
- Pre-departure materials and support