Staff Headquarter Jobs
The following positions are currently available:
Position: Visual Media Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Director of Marketing, Global Leadership Adventures
Global Leadership Adventures (GLA) operates life-changing summer travel experiences for high school students in Africa, Asia, Europe & Latin America. GLA is part of Terra Education, a certified B-Corporation that seeks to use the power of business for social good.
The Global Leadership Adventures marketing team has an opening for a brand new position - Visual Media Coordinator. This role is two-fold: one core function of the role is to provide marketing support to the team across a variety of areas (including, but not limited to: social media, proofreading, blog writing, and marketing campaign planning). The other core function is to serve as GLA's professional photographer and videographer, which means you'll be handling all production and editing for photos and videos we use in our promotional catalog, marketing campaigns, and other assets. So if you have a strong combination of creative insight and execution with photos and videos, and a willing-to-take-on-anything work ethic when it comes to varied marketing tasks, you might be the perfect fit for this position!
A leading candidate for this role will have intermediate to advanced skills in photography, shooting video, and photo/video editing. The Visual Media Coordinator will be tasked with creating roughly one new video per week across a range of formats, from simple staff/student interviews to program highlight reels, YouTube ads and how-tos. In this role, you will be responsible for the entire planning, production and post-production processes for all photo and video projects. This person will also lead our efforts in photography, including photographing programs, as well as editing and archiving footage. Extensive experience using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Photoshop is required.
In addition to your core visual media assignments, this new junior-to-mid-level position will serve a supporting function in the marketing team, helping out with all kinds of projects and assorted tasks on an ongoing basis as-needed. A willingness to tackle any marketing task, from helping to copy edit campaign emails to data entry on spreadsheets, is essential to this role. Someone who only wants to be behind the camera all day is not the right fit for this position, but someone who is excited about taking on any marketing project - big or small, photo-related or not - will be an ideal candidate.
This role will initially be execution-heavy, and will rely on close coordination with your fellow marketing team members and department director, but may eventually grow to include more strategy and thought leadership for the right person. As a brand new position, the scope and scale of the role may vary over time, but these are the key responsibility areas we expect initially:
- Support team on any and all marketing tasks as-needed - always FIRST PRIORITY!
- Produce one new video per week (typically). These will usually be simpler videos that require less execution time, such as interviews, highlight reels, etc; but may sometimes include videos of larger scope.
- Concept, storyboard, set up, film, edit and launch the following major videos each year:
- Annual Overview Video featuring in-depth look at our various program offerings
- Annual Long Ad and Short Ad videos for use on online advertising platforms
- Several other as yet to be determined video projects
- Photograph programs, events and other features as needed (including photo editing)
- Manage and revamp our YouTube channel
- Post daily photos on our Instagram feed
- Run our student photo and video contests and coordinate all student photo/video submissions
- Assist our marketing specialists with preparing and selecting photos for key marketing assets, including the GLA website, marketing emails and the program catalog
- Manage our visual media library
- Coordinate any freelance field photographers/videographers we need each summer
Desired Skills and Experience
You will be a one-person show when it comes to photo/video production and editing, so you’ll need to have the necessary skills, competence and confidence to execute projects from start-to-finish with minimal support. Similarly, the right candidate be enthusiastic about tackling marketing support tasks on a regular basis, including everything from data entry to helping ship materials for events (important: this is not solely a photo and video production role). Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Several years of professional experience working in photography or video-related fields (filming, production, editing, etc.) is desired, but we will consider recent college graduates for the right candidate!
- High degree of comfort and skill taking the lead on every aspect of video creation, including:
- Concepting and storyboarding
- Writing scripts
- Arranging and conducting interviews
- Setting up field shoots and filming on location
- Editing footage
- Creating basic video graphics (on-screen text, fades, title screens, etc.)
- Exporting video files in various formats * Strong lighting and audio skills for digital photography and videos are required
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Photoshop is required
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Team-minded but comfortable working independently, with an entrepreneurial spirit and creative personality, at ease working and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging, but fun environment
- Desire to work with an international team and flexibility to accommodate their schedules from time to time
- Previous experience with photo/video-heavy social media channels (Instagram, YouTube)
- Analytical mind with ability to plan, measure and report on program successes through targeted KPIs
- Strong project management skills with experience managing workflow between different departments and stakeholders
- Willing to travel overseas for weeks at a time and work non-regular hours on occasion
- All-hands-on-deck mentality for any marketing support task
- Sense of humor is a must!
Compensation, Benefits and Expectations
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. As a full-time member of the marketing team, you will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours a week, though that may increase during peak season and when filming on-location. Office hours for this role are standard daytime hours Monday-Friday, and we offer flexible scheduling when we can, but hours will vary during the summer and other times of the year when you are working on field photography and videography.
You will be eligible for company-sponsored travel to visit one or more of our programs to produce new photos and videos for GLA each summer, pending performance. We also offer medical, dental and life insurance, gym membership, 401K, wellness program, team happy hours, as well as a fun work environment with a mission driven, rapidly growing company you can believe in.
If you believe in GLA's mission and want to contribute to the team and grow your talents with us, we'd love to hear from you.
Interested in Applying?
Submit your cover letter and a resume that demonstrates the required experience and skills by email to email@example.com.
Please be sure to write “Visual Media Coordinator” in the subject line AND include your salary requirements in your cover letter. Also, please include the cover letter in the body of the email and the resume as an attachment (Word document or PDF only). If you don't, your resume will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please explain how you will be the ideal candidate for both the photography and video production/editing side of the role, as well as the marketing coordination/support side of the role.
In addition, please include the following at the bottom of your application email:
- 5 photos that represent the scope of your skill and experience (attachments or links)
- 1 short video you produced as the primary creator and editor (YouTube or Vimeo link)
- Your Instagram account, if you have one (link)
- Your YouTube account, if you have one (link)
Position: Travel Coordinator
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Reports to: Director of Admissions, Global Leadership Adventures
Global Leadership Adventures (GLA) is an organization that is committed to selling, delivering and operating high quality short-term service-learning trips for high school students in Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America. Our mission is to inspire the next generation to realize their potential to transform the world and their role in it.
We are a team of customer service and travel experts that can speak with a level of confidence that inspires trust in our organization. We take pride in the people we select through our application process to join our team. As a full-time Travel Coordinator you would be providing superior customer service for our enrolled families as they prepare for departure.
This position is based in San Jose, Costa Rica. As part of our Costa Rica office, you will join a growing work environment that aims to create connection between our largely U.S. staff and the Costa Rican culture. A part of the office will be comprised of our Eduterra Internship program for recent college graduates; though this Travel Coordinator position is not a part of that cohort you will be exposed to many of the same benefits and opportunities. These include Spanish classes, an excursion to one of our program sites, the option for a homebase or living stipend, and fun cultural activities in San Jose! As a more seasoned sales professional you can expect to provide ongoing support in training throughout the year; this is a great role for someone looking to assume a more leadership position in an office environment.
At GLA, we'd like to think that everyone is looking for an opportunity where they can feel empowered, pursue a career in something meaningful, contribute real results and grow their skills every day. As we feel strongly about training and developing employees here at GLA, our Admissions Department offers opportunities to learn various aspects of this unique industry with a special focus on customer service and consultative sales. Our training platform is designed to engage, monitor individual performance and incentivize team members.
Responsibilities of the Travel Coordinator:
- You will speak and correspond with hundreds of families a day over the phone to respond to their questions, concerns, and making sure the student is ready to depart for their adventure.
- You will communicate the excitement and transformative nature of our experiences as well as alleviate the nervousness that accompanies international travel.
- During the fall, you will be doing phone sales due to the seasonal nature of this role.
- You will be expected to assist with program support as needed and deliver superior customer service.
- You will be expected to serve as 24/7 on-call support to provide superior customer service to our families while programs are operating.
- While most of the time you will be providing customer service, this is a team effort: at times, you may be asked to assist in other departments as needed from light marketing projects to mail preparation.
- Through this position you will be given the ability to develop skills and knowledge that will accelerate career advancement and future professional opportunities.
- You must have at least 1 year of phone-based customer service experience
- You have received your bachelor’s degree
- You have an innate sense of customer service and have the work experience to prove it
- You are passionate about using travel to change the lives of young people
- You take the initiative to ask questions, pick up the phone, take action and think ahead\
- You have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- You are highly motivated and you are great at taking initiative
- You have a positive attitude and you are a great communicator
- And yes, there are certain technical requirements such as proficiency using MS Office software (or even better, Google Docs). It’s a plus if you’ve ever worked with a CRM such as Salesforce.com or ACT.
Who are we?
We’re a division of Terra Education, a mission-driven Certified B-Corporation.
If you are looking for a predictable 8-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit. To best fit the needs of our customers, you will be asked to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and overnight on-call. We are open Monday - Saturday 9am-9pm during peak season; and in the summer all support by taking shifts of 24/7 support of our programs in the field and families travelling.
Even though there’s always a ton of work to do, we never lose sight of the larger mission that we’re working towards. It’s an environment where we work hard and believe in our mission, but we’re also fun, dynamic and love to travel!
Compensation is based on experience.
Send an email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume by August 1, 2018.