Staff Field Positions
The following field positions are currently available:
Position: Travel Coordinator
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Reports to: Director of Admissions, Global Leadership Adventures
Global Leadership Adventures (GLA) is an organization that is committed to selling, delivering and operating high quality short-term service-learning trips for high school students in Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America. Our mission is to inspire the next generation to realize their potential to transform the world and their role in it.
We are a team of customer service and travel experts that can speak with a level of confidence that inspires trust in our organization. We take pride in the people we select through our application process to join our team. As a full-time Travel Coordinator you would be providing superior customer service for our enrolled families as they prepare for departure.
This position is based in San Jose, Costa Rica. As part of our Costa Rica office, you will join a growing work environment that aims to create connection between our largely U.S. staff and the Costa Rican culture. A part of the office will be comprised of our Eduterra Internship program for recent college graduates; though this Travel Coordinator position is not a part of that cohort you will be exposed to many of the same benefits and opportunities. These include Spanish classes, an excursion to one of our program sites, the option for a homebase or living stipend, and fun cultural activities in San Jose! As a more seasoned sales professional you can expect to provide ongoing support in training throughout the year; this is a great role for someone looking to assume a more leadership position in an office environment.
At GLA, we'd like to think that everyone is looking for an opportunity where they can feel empowered, pursue a career in something meaningful, contribute real results and grow their skills every day. As we feel strongly about training and developing employees here at GLA, our Admissions Department offers opportunities to learn various aspects of this unique industry with a special focus on customer service and consultative sales. Our training platform is designed to engage, monitor individual performance and incentivize team members.
Responsibilities of the Travel Coordinator:
- You will speak and correspond with hundreds of families a day over the phone to respond to their questions, concerns, and making sure the student is ready to depart for their adventure.
- You will communicate the excitement and transformative nature of our experiences as well as alleviate the nervousness that accompanies international travel.
- During the fall, you will be doing phone sales due to the seasonal nature of this role.
- You will be expected to assist with program support as needed and deliver superior customer service.
- You will be expected to serve as 24/7 on-call support to provide superior customer service to our families while programs are operating.
- While most of the time you will be providing customer service, this is a team effort: at times, you may be asked to assist in other departments as needed from light marketing projects to mail preparation.
- Through this position you will be given the ability to develop skills and knowledge that will accelerate career advancement and future professional opportunities.
- You must have at least 1 year of phone-based customer service experience
- You have received your bachelor’s degree
- You have an innate sense of customer service and have the work experience to prove it
- You are passionate about using travel to change the lives of young people
- You take the initiative to ask questions, pick up the phone, take action and think ahead\
- You have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- You are highly motivated and you are great at taking initiative
- You have a positive attitude and you are a great communicator
- And yes, there are certain technical requirements such as proficiency using MS Office software (or even better, Google Docs). It’s a plus if you’ve ever worked with a CRM such as Salesforce.com or ACT.
Who are we?
We’re a division of Terra Education, a mission-driven Certified B-Corporation.
If you are looking for a predictable 8-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit. To best fit the needs of our customers, you will be asked to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and overnight on-call. We are open Monday - Saturday 9am-9pm during peak season; and in the summer all support by taking shifts of 24/7 support of our programs in the field and families travelling.
Even though there’s always a ton of work to do, we never lose sight of the larger mission that we’re working towards. It’s an environment where we work hard and believe in our mission, but we’re also fun, dynamic and love to travel!
Compensation is based on experience.
Send an email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume by August 1, 2018.