Event Representative Jobs
*Please note this position is not currently hiring and will be available again starting in Fall 2018
About Global Leadership Adventures:
Global Leadership Adventures presents a fresh, new approach to service-learning for intellectually curious and socially-oriented teenagers. Programs are offered in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Participants explore historic and natural sites in different countries while they learn the local language and history, and serve the community through meaningful volunteer efforts. GLA's goal is to provide life-changing experiences that will cultivate a global perspective and open-mindedness in students that will ultimately inspire them to become great leaders and global thinkers who will seek positive change in their own communities. More information can be found at www.experienceGLA.com
Event Representatives are passionate about travel, service learning and cross cultural experiences. They inspire young people to realize their potential to transform the world and their role in it through participating in GLA’s life changing Service Learning AdventuresTM. Acting as the face of GLA, they are front line staff responsible for answering questions and fostering relationships with prospective students, generating new leads, and driving traffic to the GLA website that ultimately result in new enrollments.
Event Reps are key members of the GLA Community Development team and will attend events hosted by high schools and other community organizations. Most events are 2-4 hours on weekends or weekday evenings. On rare occasions they are during a weekday afternoon. This position is seasonal, spanning from November to March and is contractual on a per event basis. We have opportunities available in the Northeast and Midwest.
- Engage in a training webinar to learn about the role and gain general knowledge about GLA
- Receive shipment of catalogs and promotional materials and return or forward surplus to GLA (cost covered by GLA)
- Arrive at assigned locations with ample time for set up and organization before each event
- Depending on event, give a presentation, distribute materials, answer basic questions, capture contact information
- Drive leads to take advantage of our text and win campaign, and to visit our website
- Complete event evaluation; report on number of catalogs distributed, leads generated, and turnout per event
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience in field of promotions, sales etc. a plus
- Well-spoken, able to communicate with high-end clientele
- Reliable transportation, to drive to schools or sites in your region
- Use of personal smartphone/tablet to receive communications, directions, etc.
- Flexible schedule, ability to attend multiple events
- Study-abroad or travel experience a plus
- Compensation is $130/day and/or event
- For events outside the Representative's immediate vicinity (more than 75 miles in each direction) the compensation is $160/ day and/or event
- Compensation for any parking, toll roads/bridges, with receipt
- Compensation for gas or mileage, with receipt
- $10/meal, with receipt
Note: All events must be approved and set up by a GLA Community Development Specialist, Meghan Sullivan.
Interested parties should send a cover letter, photo and resume to email@example.com. Please list the states that you are able to drive to in your cover letter. Important: please use the following as your email subject line: "Event Rep Position". Resumes submitted without this email subject line will not be considered.