We’re seeking volunteers who are passionate about working with the world’s children for several service projects taking place next summer. Each community has different needs: You might teach English in a village school, read aloud with locals, refurbish classrooms or address numerous other challenges that children face in a developing community.
We are currently offering Service Grants of up to $400 for select programs focused on education and children’s issues.
TO REDEEM: From the list below, choose the community you’d like to work with next summer and redeem your grant when you apply for enrollment.
• China: One Nation, Two Worlds™
• India: Service in the Himalayas
• Guatemala: Children of the Maya™
• Tanzania: Heart & Soul of Africa
• Thailand: Cultural Kaleidoscope™
Enter code 2017China14 to receive a $300 Service Grant for our 14-day program
Enter code 2017China21 to receive a $400 Service grant for our 21-day program
- Volunteer in kindergarten classrooms serving families who live in the surrounding rural community. Get to know the children and traditional village customs through interactive English lessons, playing educational games and working on renovation projects to improve school facilities.
- Hike to the mountaintop Baoxiang Temple, experience a tea demonstration, spend a night in ancient Dali, and behold the Stone Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring magnificent limestone formations and a labyrinth of mysterious vistas.
- Contrast the remote countryside of China with a modern cityscape when you take an overnight excursion to Beijing, visiting the famous Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Great Wall of China (exclusive to our 21-day Flagship program)
Enter code 2017India14 to receive a $300 Service Grant for our 14-day program
Enter code 2017India21 to receive a $400 Service grant for our 21-day program
- Improve your cultural understanding of the challenges children in this diverse, developing community face by volunteering at a local daycare, boarding school and youth conflict resolution center serving the Indian and Tibetan residents of nearby slums
- Full of life, energy, color and fragrances, India offers opportunities to be immersed in local community life and both Himalayan and Tibetan culture. You’ll hike to rural villages and visit the temple of the Dalai Lama, as well as spend a weekend in Dharamsala, a small township situated in the picturesque Kangra valley and set against the Himalaya mountains. End your trip with a visit to the Taj Mahal.
Enter code 2017Guate14 to receive a $300 Service Grant for our 14-day program
- Volunteer at a rural Mayan school, where you'll spend your days putting together creative lesson plans and teaching English to a K-6 class, or working on renovation projects at the elementary school.
- With its diverse indigenous culture, rich Mayan heritage and colonial charm, Guatemala is an adventure for any traveler, with color and movement around every corner. Explore its famous archaeological ruins, shop at the largest indigenous craft market in the hemisphere, zipline through lush vegetation and spend a weekend at the sacred, volcano-framed Lake Atitlán.
Enter code 2017Tanzania21 to receive a $400 Service grant for our 21-day program
- Spend extensive time volunteering at a village primary school, where you’ll be surrounded by enthusiastic students, design small-group lessons for them, and work on improving their school facilities.
- Tanzania, East Africa’s largest country, remains home to one of the continent’s most definitive and stirring landscapes. Explore incredible wonders unique to this part of the world, including a hike to a waterfall at the base of of Mt. Kilimanjaro and the safari that naturalists the world over consistently rate as “the greatest wildlife show on Earth.”
- Spend a day among the Maasai tribe, a semi-nomadic people living off the land in eastern Africa (exclusive to our 21-day Flagship program)
Enter code 2017Thailand21 to receive a $400 Service grant for our 21-day program
- Volunteer at two homes for displaced mothers and children, many of whom belong to Thailand's many hill tribes. Your projects will include working to improve the home facilities, engaging children in fun activities, as well as teaching English classes and leading a full day of “English camp” at local primary schools.
- With its lush jungles, famed beaches and amazing food, Thailand is Asia’s primary travel destination—and yet, its cultural integrity remains largely undamaged. You’ll zipline through lush vegetation while learning about the country’s cultural reverence for nature, visit the famous Chiang Mai night bazaar and get up close and personal with elephants at a Thai elephant home.
- Go on a bicycling and kayaking adventure through Si Lanna National Park outside of Chiang Mai, home to waterfalls, caves and springs and surrounded by beautiful mountains.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Service Grants will be awarded only to new applicants who enter the proper code upon enrollment for an eligible Summer 2017 program. Enrollment capacity is limited for each program and Service Grants are available until October 31, 2016 only. Grants may not be combined with other offers or financial aid, and cannot be exchanged for cash. Grants for the Tanzania: Heart & Soul of Africa and Thailand: Cultural Kaleidoscope™ programs are eligible for redemption on 21-day sessions only.