Whether you’re looking for a high school volunteer abroad program in Africa or India, GLA has a program that lets you explore a rich, new culture. Whether you want to get involved with ecology, animals and wildlife–or you want to brush up on your Spanish skills in Costa Rica–you can do it at a variety of destinations through one of our programs.
Working with Children
If you have a passion for working with children, you’ll find a variety of opportunities to serve impoverished and at-risk kids all the way from Central America to Asia to the Pacific.
- Volunteer in Thailand to work one-on-one with local children or
- Participate in a service trip to Guatemala to tutor kids in English
- Volunteer in Peru, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic in one of our sports volunteer abroad programs.
Environment, Ecology and Wildlife Programs
- If you want experience working in and with nature, consider a volunteer trip to Tanzania, the Galapagos Islands or Costa Rica.
- Learn about ecology and wildlife preservation and work with researchers through these unique programs that give you both a cultural and a diverse ecological point of view of the world.
GLA also offers service opportunities all over the world for those who want a hands-on learning experience in traditional culture and the arts.
- Volunteer in China for a summer, brush up on your Mandarin and get to know the diverse network of students, locals and travelers there.
High school volunteer abroad programs are among the best pre-college programs. Exposure to an international culture prepares you for the unexpected challenges and diversity of a university or college experience. It adds valuable experience to a resume and prepares you for future leadership roles.